Sunday, March 8, 2009

Two Weeks Old




Our little Kaylee is two weeks old. She doesn't even look like that tiny tiny newborn anymore, or at least not to me. She is very alert and I love to sit and look at her, especially at her eyes. I also love watching the way Jared interacts with her. I think that's probably one of my favorite things. We took her to the Saturday session of stake conference last night. Church is different when you spend time listening to it out in the foyer (:->). She's worth it, the cute little thing.
So now that my mom is gone after two weeks of helping out and being someone I could talk to and laugh with about everything, I realize that now it's my responsibility to take pictures of the comings and goings around here. She was good at doing that for me.

There's at least one point during each day as I'm taking care of Kaylee that I wonder if I have what it takes to be the type of mom to her that she deserves, to be to her what my mom was and is to me, and if I can love her the way Heavenly Father loves her. It's definitely an adjustment. I've realized that my life is no longer my own. There have been many ups but also some downs as I recognize that I need a lot more help than sometimes it's easy to ask for. It's just another adventure in life, huh. A new challenge, experience, and new joys.

Well Kaylee keeps Jared and I laughing with all of her sneezes and hiccups. She makes the funniest little noises and it's been fun getting used to having another little person around the house. She sleeps a lot, wakes up, eats, and then is out again for a couple of hours. When she's awake she is very alert though. I keep myself busy at home with homework, finding new things to learn, cleaning (I love cleaning), watching the food channel, and other things here and there, and taking care of Kaylee in between everything. Then I always look forward to when Jared comes home from work. Life is great, it really is and there's very little I would change about it. Both Jared and I feel so incredibly blessed in every aspect of our lives and recognize the constant tender mercies that the Lord gives us. It seems that every day there's something here and there that He does for us and now, in this new stage of our lives that is full of adjustment the Lord continues to be the constant anchor in our lives. So we are happy and doing very well. Thanks for your love and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment