Friday, July 16, 2010


2 Nephi 5:27
"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness."


I came across this scripture this morning and thought it was beautiful. Last night I went to bed earlier than normal and laid there for a while, counting my blessings...and I counted so many that I couldn't stop the tears. I thought back on my time growing up in England, living in Utah, my family life, Davis High school, friends, colorguard, going to BYU-Idaho, specific classes and specific teachers which changed me. I thought back on ward callings I'd been given, people that were in my life at a certain time, when I met and dated Jared, serving a mission, getting married, having a baby, more people, and everything which brought me to the point where I was on my bed, staring up at the ceiling last night, feeling grateful because I knew that Heavenly Father had led me through it all, through every step I'd ever taken. How I love Him! My heart is so full. I am richer than Kings! Life is filled with people, purpose, and meaning. And I'm happy to live everyday I've been given.

5 comments:

  1. I love that post. It is amazing how our Father in Heaven gives each of us exactingly everything we need. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, I miss you! you and your positive attitude. For some reason your blog isn't updating on my list, so I haven't checked it in forever. I am glad to hear you guys are doing so well and congrats on your pregnancy. You two are the best parents and make such beautiful babies. Good luck and hope all is well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen, thank you for your constant example and your great friendship. I know that we have not seen each other... or really talked to each other for quite some time, but you and your family are often on my mind. You will forever be a wonderful example to me and I hope that you continue to be led by Heavenly Father in your new adventures. Good luck with this pregnancy. Thanks for continuing to update on your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That post is the very reason why I have always loved you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kristen. How is Texas now? I hope you're liking it better. Cute cute pictures! You are an inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete