Thursday, August 5, 2010

"Oh what do you do in the summertime..."


So what do we do here in Texas? We spend a lot of it in doors in the wonderful AC, to be honest because it's so stinkin' hot, but we do get out and do things when we can. So here's a little record of what some of our days consist of.

We swim. Miss Kaylee sure likes it, especially with these little green floaty things. The other day she brought them to me in the house and wanted to wear them, so she walked around inside with her green floaties on.
Miss Kaylee and I love to cook together. Well actually, I love to cook/bake, but Kaylee joins me when I feel like cleaning up a bigger mess. She's getting the hang of it though, the more she does it. She likes to mix it up and then spoon whatever it is into her mouth...butter, butter and eggs, butter and eggs and sugar, whatever. It's all yummy to her.
We love rain and thunderstorms. She wanted outside so I let her go, clothes and all. She was d-r-e-n-c-h-e-d!
Kaylee gets stuck on the bed sometimes. Doesn't know whether to go up or down. I wait it out a bit to see what she'll do. Sometimes she braves letting go and sometimes she holds on for dear life and whimpers until mommy comes to rescue her.
We're in the make-up playing stage...
and the drawing on ourselves phase
So we take lots of baths to keep ourselves clean. Miss Kaylee and I go for a walk every morning, for about an hour, three miles or so. When we come back we are dripping so it's always bath time and shower time.
We explore lots in this house. This still remains her favorite cupboard.
Cookie dough...sugar cookies, lemon cookies, granola, homemade bread, banana muffins, chocolate chip cookies...it doesn't matter, she loves it all.
We get out and see things, like Dallas to visit Aunt Michelle and Uncle Craig, or Austin to visit one of Jared's old roommates' and his wife.
We have friends over and we eat! Breakfast for dinner is probably the most popular in the Cook house.
Sometimes when we want to brave being outside for a long time we take picnics or visit the park. Then we look like this after a while.
We went to a cute little town called "Fredericksburg." The Texans love Texas, can you tell...
And then we always make time to play with big 'ol Gus. Kaylee loves this dog to bits. I will not ever have a dog...ever, so I hope this is enough for Kaylee. I'm not a dog person, not at all, not even a little bit. I won't do it. Jared wants a dog, I really don't like or care for them, call me a not nice person, I don't care, I don't ever want a pet, but specifically not a dog. But, saying that, I enjoy the way Kaylee loves that dog.

So that's what we do around here.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you still have a lot of fun, but hot is not fun! Sorry it is so miserable. Miss you guys! Keep us posted on the baby, ok

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sad you feel that way about dogs. I didn't know that about you! I never did have a puppy shower but I sure do love my puppy. Kaylee would have loved him too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your updates and how you always seem to find fun things to do with "Miss Kaylee!" She is a very lucky little girl to have a mama like you. :)

    Well, I have to say, I was one that never liked dogs AT ALL and swore I would NEVER, EVER have one...but when Savanna came home crying from church the Sunday after Christmas because a boy in her primary class got a puppy from Santa and she didn't (even though that's what she asked for), it was all over. We went and bought ourselves a dog in January!! It hasn't been easy having a puppy, but it's been a great thing for me and for my kids--so I guess it's worth it. I actually like my dog!! Can you believe that?!?

    Sending you a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you guys are having a lot of fun despite the heat. Little Kaylee is adorable as ever. Tell the Becca & Nathan hi for us-I didn't know they lived in Texas now! :) We miss seeing your little family around and hope that everything is well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen..

    Your little girl is getting so big! Oh and congrats on number 2...that will be so fun. We were sad that by the time we moved back--you had moved away :) I guess that's life :)

    Hope all is well,
    Tara Packard

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe I was just in Texas and didn't get to see you and your cute family! We were even in San Antonio, but most of our time was spent at a funeral. I don't know how you live in that heat! It was so unbelievably hot and humid! I was so thankful when we got home and I wasn't sticky anymore. Hopefully next time we make it to Texas, it will be for a longer stay and I can see you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who lives in Austin? Looks like you're having fun, I have to agree it's pretty hot in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun update! Kaylee is so big. I want to see your tummy! How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete